Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wonderful without Words

I had the wonderful, and new, experience of watching a silent film in its entirety. I can't say that I have ever done that.

It was quite enjoyable. After a long and hard day I sat down to watch some movies I had recorded from the TCM channel. And Sparrows, with Mary Pickford, came on.



I wasn't really interested right off the bat, but the movie with its wonderful screenplay and its incredible musical score drew me in. They also had exceptional typography throughout.

It really floored me how great this movie was, especially after I thought about how they had no special affects or anything to help them. It had to be exactly as they taped it.

The plot was pretty good. And then, I got the biggest shock of all.

Throughout the entire movie they used scripture and applied to their lives. This has to be one of my favorite points about this movie. As all good movies of old, this one had a great end. The good overcame the bad.

Check it out. I definitely will be adding this to my movie library.

Inspiration can come from the most seemingly mundane things. This movie has inspired me to explore how to communicate effectively in visual communication without the use of speech. And with minimal type.

Off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home